21.9.12

Edith.

My sweet girl is almost 3 weeks old. I am adjusting well so far to being a mother of two, but still avoiding leaving the house for much more than a walk. We just can't get enough of our little daughter, and Porter loves her too {although all my attempts at getting a photo of the two of them has failed so far}.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Edith is named after her Great Great Grandma, Edith Paine {left}. A cousin sent me this photograph of her this week and we learned hat she use to spell her name with a 'y' sometimes {looks very pretty in her handwriting}. I don't know anything about this photograph, but I thought it was neat.  Edith is also named after me, Esther {right}. Edith will probably grow up to look nothing like either of us, but I love knowing that her name has so much meaning, with real women to look up to as role models. Photobucket

7 comments:

janetina said...

I love that her name is connected to women who are part of her family lineage. We love you Edith Esther!!

Katie said...

so sweet.

Elizabeth Cranmer said...

She is just darling! And oh my goodness I had almost forgotten what an adorable little girl you were Esther!! I remember thinking that you were just the cutest baby!!! I think I was there for your first bath at home?? Or maybe it was Martha, either way you are one cute child!

Love you
Liz

Unknown said...

Edith is way way waaaaaaaay too adorable. And love that her name came from her grandma - so special!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

she is just perfect:)

H and E said...

Esther she is perfect! I am in baby heaven looking at all her pictures on instagram and the blog. SO glad you are survivng life with two babies!