2.12.13

Hazelnut Pecan Butter.

 photo nutbutter3_zps97c76d70.jpg photo 20131130_0019_zps8697b437.jpg photo nutbutter1_zps8a410eb6.jpg

I don't claim to be a food photographer at all, so blogging recipes is going to be a good challenge for me as I use my photography in a new setting; I'm always excited about a new challenge. This recipe though is not challenging at all! If your anything like me and love nut butters, be careful with this in the house.

HAZELNUT PECAN BUTTER
Ingredients:
- Equal parts whole raw Hazelnuts and Pecans. 
(I used about 2/3cup of each for this batch and it made about 1 cup of nut butter)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spread nuts out evenly on a cookie sheet.
2. Place in oven and bake for about 7min. Nuts should be fragrant and starting to get a little darker; just make sure not to burn them.
3. Let them cool a little.
4. While nuts are still warm throw them all into your Vitamix (or food processor). In my Vitamix I blended the nuts at a speed of about 8-10. The nuts will first turn into what looks like a flour, keep blending until the nuts become a soupy paste. It helps if the nuts are still warm, they will turn to butter sooner.
5. Pour into a glass jar and store in the fridge. Enjoy!

Tomorrow I'll share a dessert recipe where you can use your Hazelnut Pecan Butter. Another great quick snack idea for this butter is slice a green apple and sprinkled with cinnamon, then dip in butter.

You could make this butter with any combination of nuts; Almonds, Walnuts, Pecans, Macadamias, Hazelnuts. Just a little tidbit of info: Peanuts are not actually a nut, they are a legume. If you don't want to make your own nut butter, just make sure to look for a good quality one that doesn't contain hydrogenated vegetable oils or sugar (MaraNatha has a great almond butter that I buy from Costco). 

  photo 20131130_0008_zps8ae47119.jpg  photo nutbutter2_zpsf5edd305.jpg

No comments: