Who doesn't like to indulge a little every once in awhile? Well if you love nuts and are a fan of coconut, than you are going to LOVE these! Coconut with nut butter is a heavenly combination and these are a heavenly way to indulge with no gluten, no refined sugar, and very little work; my favorite.
NO BAKE COCONUT PECAN LEMON BARS
- 1/2 cup nut butter (this is where I used the Hazelnut Pecan Butter, but you could use Almond butter too)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped (I threw mine in the Vitamix for a few seconds)
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
1. Measure all ingredients except lemon juice and vanilla into a oven safe glass mixing bowl.
2. Because it was so cold out, I then placed the bowl into a warm oven for just a couple minutes to soften the coconut oil and honey so it was easier to mix. (You can skip this step if your coconut oil is soft)
3. Add lemon juice and vanilla.
4. Mix all ingredients together.
5. Place a layer of plastic wrap down in about an 8" round or square dish, then pour all ingredients in. Spread the mixture so it is even; it should end up being about an inch thick.
6. Place in the freezer until hardened.
7. When you are almost ready to devour your lemon bars, remove from freezer and then gently pull on the plastic wrap, the entire thing should lift out in one big piece. Let it sit for just a little so it can soften, then cut into bars or wedges or whatever shape you want.
8. Serve and Enjoy!
Nope: These will begin to melt after awhile if left out on a warm day. You can store them in the fridge or freezer; that is if there are any leftover.